Linux Administrator Job in Mumbai If you are looking Linux Administrator job in mumbai then you can apply for this job for this job qualification is B.Tech/B.E. – Any Specialization, B.Sc – Computers, BCA – Computers or M.Tech – Any Specialization, Computers, MCA – Computers, M.Sc – Any Specialization, Computers Read bellow for more details.
- Operations ownership of projects using Linux and Linux application stack (LAMP, Ruby, Postgres, Java, Python, etc)
- Responsible for setup and uptime of large Linux deployments (Large no. of servers)
- Configure and optimize mail servers, web servers, cache servers, db servers, vps and cloud servers etc
- Incident analysis/RCAs/troubleshooting and identification of permanent resolutions
- Liaison with customer support teams and resolve customer issues.
- Recommend/implement automated processes for scaling operations
- Puppet configuration management
- Plan & automate migration and operation.
- Plan and execute service/site maintenance schedules.
- Contribute to the operations handbook.
- Pro-actively monitor product/services/site performance, uptime, availability and analyze logs / metrics.
- Participate on on-call rotation for fixing service downtime incidents.
- Team management and mentoring skill.
- 5+ years experience systems administration in a production environment supporting a Email architecture.
- In-depth experience in deploying or managing mid to large scale email environment,
- Extensive experience with the Linux operating system (Experience with RHEL & CentOS preferred).
- Clear understanding of Linux internals (e.g. Memory management, File Systems, Process Management, …)
- Sound understanding of networking concepts and DNS,
Strong working knowledge and previous experience supporting the following:
- Open- Xchange (OX)
Also Should Posess the Following Traits:
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Strong focus on organization and attention to detail.
- Security Centric
Self Learning and always abreast of cutting edge technologies
- Linux: Excellent understanding of Linux Systems,
- Any Shell/Bash, sed/awk/grep/egrep, VI/VIM/Emacs, netstat, lsof, strace, ps/top/atop/dstat, grub boot config & systems rescue,
- fstab/disk labels, ext3/ext4/xfs, tcpdump/wireshark, IPtables, sysstat (sar/vmstat/iostat etc), init/systemd,run-levels & startup scripts, sudo/chroot/chkrootkit/rkhunter.
- Excellent DNS & Networking Fundamentals, TCP/UDP, IP Routing, HA & Load Balancing Concepts.
- Storage: RAID, LVM, DAS, SAN, NAS (NFS,NetApp etc.) fundamentals
- Excellent understanding of SMTP/POP/IMAP,HTTP/S,FTP
- Applications: Postfix/Apache/Nginx/Dovecot, Mail archiving,
- Databases: Good understanding of – SQL/RDBMS, MySQL/NDB, Postgres, MySQL/Postgres/Slony Replication, DRBD
- Tools/Utilities: Nagios, Cacti, Ganglia, DHCP, Kickstart/Cobbler, Mcollective/Func/Fabric, Yum, RPM, GIT/SVN
- Scripting/Programming: Any of Bash/PERL/Ruby/Python/PHP.
Others: Regular expressions, excellent troubleshooting skills.
Good to have:
o Virtualization: Citrix Xen
o Configuration management : Puppet,Chef,Jenkins
o Systems/Hardware: IPMI/IP KVMs, Dell Hardware,IBM.